There’s really no getting used to social media when the landscape keeps changing every few months. Right when you think you’ve mastered your social media marketing strategy, you’ll get hit with updates in algorithms and features. This then influences user behavior and buyer habits. So it’s crucial for marketers to be on the lookout for the latest social media statistics that could affect their existing strategies.
1. 97% of social advertisers chose it as their most used and most useful social media platform.
2. Facebook continues to be the most popular social networking site in terms of number of active users. As of October 2018, it had a little over 2 billion active users.
3. Facebook is the second favorite platform for consuming videos after YouTube. 40% of consumers said that they watch the most videos on Facebook.
4. The platform also appeals to social marketers as an advertising platform with 70% of them choosing Facebook ads as the most useful for achieving their goals.
5. So it’s no surprise that 83% pay for ads on Facebook.
6. The number of local business pages on Facebook has reached 65 million.
7. Brands see a median engagement rate of 0.16% per Facebook post.
1. The number of monthly active Instagram users has grown to 1 billion according to the latest social media statistics.
2. Instagram continues to attract a younger audience with 72% of teens saying that they use the platform. This is an impressive increase from 2015 when 52% of teens said that they used the platform.
3. Since 2016, there’s also been a 7% increase in the number of US adults who use the platform with 35% of them currently using it.
4. Even in terms of engagement, Instagram is ahead of Facebook with a median engagement rate of 1.73% per post for brands.
5. The ad spending on Instagram is 23% higher than on Facebook.
6. The platform is getting tons of activity with users uploading more than 100 million photos and videos on a daily basis.
7. 2 billion Likes occur on the platform every day.
8. Thursday is the best day to post on Instagram for brands across all verticals.
9. Videos get 21.2% more interactions compared to images and 18.6% more interactions compared to carousels.
1. 88% of social advertisers use it. This makes it even more popular than Instagram.
2. The platform earned a total of $665 million in revenue during the first quarter of 2018–a 21% increase year over year.
3. $575 million of this total revenue came from ads. That’s another 21% increase.
4. Videos accounted for more than half of this ad revenue.
5. There are currently 326 million monthly active users on the platform.
6. Twitter users send out 500 million tweets per day.
1. LinkedIn now has 590 million users with 260 million of them being active on a monthly basis.
2. LinkedIn performs 277% better than Facebook and Twitter when it comes to generating visitor-to-lead conversions.
3. 80% of social media B2B leads come from LinkedIn.
4. 89% of B2B marketers include LinkedIn in their digital marketing mix.
5. 56% of professionals access the platform using multiple devices.
6. 62% of LinkedIn members engage with content on the platform because they found it educational or informative.
7. 61% engage with content because it’s relevant to them.\